10 Author-Character Lookalikes

Photo by elen aivali on Unsplash

CONFESSION TIME! The main reason that I am not big in participating book events is because I am extremely uncomfortable mingling with crowds of strangers. On the few book events that I have attended and recapped here on the blog, my sister was always with me. (Sissy, I love you. You are my rock.) I cannot always drag her to events tho. Thus one time, I braved going to a panel ALONE and WHAT HORROR! I was a BIG panicky mess inside. I was calming myself, taking deep breaths and half-wishing that I become invisible the entire time. The Gryffindor in me managed to ask questions to the panel and to quickly say hi to some book bloggers but the ordeal exhausted me so much to the point that on the way home tears are leaking incessantly down my face for no apparent reason. I am not certain if that was just my chronic shyness or if I am suffering from a case of social anxiety disorder (Full disclosure: I am not diagnosed). One thing I’m sure of is I don’t intend for a public meltdown to happen anytime soon. SO HELLO HERMIT LIFE!

BUT! Although I avoid face to face small talks with strangers (including authors) like the plague, I love listening to what different people have to say. I can do that thru blog-hopping, hanging around Twitter, and of course with reading books. Today I wanna share a few of the authors that I would NOT want to meet but whose books I would very much love to read. Notice that this list features #ownvoices YA books whose authors closely resemble the look of the main characters in their book covers. Because inside the convoluted folds of my brain, READING ABOUT THESE CHARACTERS = MEETING THE AUTHORS THEMSELVES. I know, I think creepy but also pretty cool, right?

A Girl Like That by Tanaz Bhathena
I see that mirroring of mole above the lip!

American Panda by Gloria Chao
Take that bangs off and they are one and the same.

Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
Same fierce eyes.

From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon
Both have a penchant for dangling earrings. 
Also, I have a copy of WDMR that I haven’t picked up yet what’s wrong with me?!

Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann
Gorg smiles.

Love, Hate and Other Filters by Samira Ahmed
Long luscious locks.

Monday's Not Coming by Tiffany D. Jackson
Read those eyes: I got a secret or two to tell ya.

 The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo
Those modelesque cheek bones! THE HAIR!

To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
Lara Jean = Jenny Han 
Please don’t give me flak for not yet diving into my copy of this. Just a smidge of fear of the hype monster, I guess.

Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed
A bit far but it’s not hard to tell the likeness.

I am linking up this post on Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl (this week's prompt is "Authors I’d Love to Meet") and on 2018 Discussion Challenge hosted by Feed Your Fiction Addiction and It Starts at Midnight.

pic name

pic name

pic name
I'd love to hear from you! 
Have you read any of these books? Are you a frequent attendee of book signing events? Let me live vicariously through you and share your unforgettable happy encounters with authors. Or drop a link of your TTT post in the comments so I may come and visit.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...