Wandering Thoughts: 3 YA Heroines Who Are Passionate Readers of Harry Potter

Image: Kaboompics

Wandering Thoughts is where I let my mind stray, think and talk about non-routine things. This is an avenue for bookish personal stories, fun posts, musings and discussions.


As any Potterhead next to you knows by heart, today is the glorious birthday of The Boy Who Lived and his creator, Queen Jo. *virtual toast to all the witches and wizards around the world* Most authors in the scene nowadays belong to this wonderful fandom are Hogwarts alumna and have incorporated a bit of the Potterverse in their works. While others drew subtle inspirations such as those with “Fangirl” by Rainbow Rowell and “More Happy Than Not” by Adam Silvera, some have direct references to the beloved book series. As a sort of tribute post for this special day, I will share with you three YA books with heroines who have definitely read the Harry Potter series and are passionate about it.

TELL ME THREE THINGS by Julie Buxbaum
Jessie re-reads Harry Potter on Friday nights in honor of her dead mom.
Read my review for Tell Me Three Things




















WHAT ABOUT TODAY by Dawn Lanuza
Gemma inserts Harry Potter references to philosophical conversations.
















HOW HARD CAN LOVE BE? by Holly Bourne
Amber has a lot of opinion when her alcoholic mother messed up the Hogwarts Houses.
Read my review for How Hard Can Love Be?






Have you read any of the three books I listed? I don’t know about you but I am instantly drawn to characters who read the same books as I do. I often catch myself doing suppressed squeals of happy excitement whenever I find out that a character has read/is reading/planning to read Harry Potter. I need to meet more of them fictional Potterheads, so throw your recs to me. Which books do you know of have either subtle inspirations or direct references to the Potterverse? I’m sure there are tons of books that I missed mentioning above, share them with me in the comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...