Teaser Tuesday: How Hard Can Love Be? by Holly Bourne (TT #1)

Photo: Kaboompics

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Grab your current read, flip to a random page, share two teaser sentences, but avoid spilling spoilers!


I am currently halfway reading through How Hard Can Love Be? by Holly Bourne. It is Book # 2 of the Normal series. This continuing story of the Spinster Club girls focuses on tall and ginger, Amber.

How Hard Can Love Be? by Holly Bourne

Publisher: Usborne Publishing Ltd.
Expected publication date:  February 1, 2016
Source/Format: Finished paperback from the publisher.
Purchase links: Amazon | iBooks | Book Depository | Kobo

"How is this good for feminism? How is this about 'liberation'? It's backfired. Men are doing really really well out of this raunch culture. Instead of girls burning their bras and fighting to be paid equally, we're all worried we're not sexy enough and are competing with all the women we should be fighting alongside - not against - over who has the nicest tits."

"I was so alone.
I was in a strange stupid country, in a strange stupid camp, with no real friends, and why? Why was I doing this? To see my mother who didn't want to see me? To force her love to me? Force her to care when it should be something that comes naturally?"

Just as in the first book, Am I Normal Yet?, the feminism discussion is also strong in this book. Amber is also dealing with a complicated relationship with her mother whom she meets again after two years of being away from her.

That's it. I shall now continue reading this wonderful book. Share with me in the comments some quotes from your current read. Or link me with your Teaser Tuesday post.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...