My 2019 Book Blogging Plans

Image: Kaboompics
How are your 2019 so far, my fellow beautiful book wanderers? If you ask me, I am currently sick from inhaling all the fireworks and firecracker fumes from the New Year's eve celebrations. Being sick reminded me of two things: 1.) I have weak lungs, and 2.) I hate the New Year's eve. There, I just exposed myself as The Grinch of New Year. (Please don't hate me, I am lovable!) Anywho, Imma dial down the negativity and be more focused on the task at hand: MAKING PLANS!

Yeah, I am trying to be organized again and be less laissez-faire with my book blogging unlike last year when I took an accidental hiatus, then came back unceremoniously with posting book reviews. Now let me tell you what's in store for me and this side of the blogosphere for 2019:



    Plan #1: Read 40 books for 2019. 
    It's been 2 years since I set a number of books to read in Goodreads, and I am back with a vengeance, baby! Not really, lol, I've read 42 books last year so, 40 is actually a conservative number.


    Plan #2: Read outside my usual genre. 
    I'd like to think that I am an omnivore reader but my reading preferences recently are veered towards YA contemporaries and mystery thrillers. This year, I may venture into blogging about non-fiction or even classic books (not the big heavy ones, I am thinking more the likes of Anne of Green Gables). And definitely more Filipino books!

    Plan #3: Be bilingual in my book blog.
    Because I am bilingual, IRL. As I plan to read books by Filipino authors, I would also want to talk about them here. If the book is in Filipino, I would for sure write my review in Filipino also. I have seen a few bilingual book blogs recently and thought that I would definitely want to do that here. I would very much want to be able to express myself in my mother tongue so I hope my English-speaking readers would understand.

    Plan #4: Do a blog series.
    This has been kind of buzzing in my mind since last year but I am second guessing myself if I can do it. Now that the idea is not just in my mind but out here floating in the blog, I think I will have more courage to follow through. My blog series is gonna be about due diligence in book blogging, stay tuned.

    Plan #7: Be a mindful book blogger.
    Being mindful is being a book blogger with due diligence and I think I will explain this better when I start with my blog series. This can also mean so many other things, like for starters not engaging too much on Twitter drama. Also, not forgetting to include trigger warnings in my reviews. I believe that including trigger warnings in reviews is important and if you don't believe so, here's an article to convince you and here's another one to provide you with a list of possible trigger warnings. (I recently got these from Soph's Twitter thread)

    Plan #8: Work on growing my blog.
    I didn't care too much about my blog stats and following in the past. It's time to remedy that. Like I said, less laissez-faire. Any suggestions and idea on how to do that are welcome. So far my idea is to learn how to use Pinterest for growing my stats. And shameless self-promotion for growing my following. Speaking of which, all my follow/subscribe buttons are on the side bar. And are you aware that even if you are in Wordpress, you may still add me in your reading list? There is this little magic called cross-following and all you have to do is follow a few simple steps. Get this: A baby unicorn grows its horns with rainbow aural projections every time someone hits the follow/subscribe buttons in this blog.




pic name pic name pic name
I'd love to hear from you!
How many books are you gonna read this year? What reading or blogging challenges are you going to do? Tell me all your 2019 plans and goals or link me your New Year's resolutions posts in the comments!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...